Saturday, August 27, 2011

Star Trek Captain!

I grew up watching William Shattner and Star Trek, so when I bought my new phone the other day, I also got a blue tooth devise. I love this thing. I do not even have to touch my phone to answer it, I can give it commands to call someone or answer the phone. Once I understand it better I will even be able to retrieve my text messages by voice command. You have to love technology, Jayden, Pat and I all survived, Jayden's first week back to school. He likes his new teacher. One problem though. As the week progressed it became harder to get him moving in the morning. I remember when I was a kid. My parents would call for me to get up. I jumped straight out of bed, made it, took my bath or shower, ate breakfast and was ready at least one hour before time to go to school. At least that is how I remember it happening. One of the advantages of writing your own blog, you can change the facts about your childhood to what ever  you want. One thing that was true when I was a kid. The first day of school you would wear one of your best outfits. You would then start out to school with either your lunch money or your packed lunch. Today we have to take all of the school supplies, for the kids, to school several days before, so they are not overloaded their first day back. We keep cutting money for the schools and cannot understand why they struggle to educate our children. Last item for today. I cannot believe how much technology has changed the way we do things. I remember when cell phone first came out I said, "Who in Gods name needs a phone with them all of the time." Now as I get in the car I check to see if I have mine with me. I was one of those people that thought nobody needed a computer in their homes and now I am not sure how we ever survived without them. We have TVs in every room. Dvrs are the normal. We use them to record shows and watch them when we can, and we even get to skip the commercials. I don't know  about you, but I can't wait to see the next new item that will make our lives easier or better. Maybe a devise that will get kids to clean up their rooms without being asked. Now I am just being ridiculous.

No comments:

Post a Comment