Monday, August 29, 2011

I Never Want To Look At Paint Chips Again!

Pat and I are going to paint our house, hopefully in the next five years. Any married man will tell you this can be one of the most frustrating procedures of all time. It is bad enough when we paint the inside rooms. At current count, my beautiful wife  had me paint the kitchen, three times in a month. The entry was done twice. The den twice. The dining room twice. The spare bathroom twice. The spare bedroom twice. I lucked out on the Master bedroom and bath and the family room. The laundry room is still white. However if you add all the rooms I have painted 10 rooms a grand total of 17 times, meaning I could have painted a house twice as big. Now I am not being critical of Pat. Those little squares of paint we get at the paint stores are very hard to visualise until they are on the walls. The problem is that for each room we looked at approximately eighty five thousand little paint swatches. Half the time I could not tell the difference between them. Also we have to take into account the Community of Hunters Creek, which I love, has community standards and painting the outside of your home is under this guideline. Just when we thought we had the color, the paint was not approved. Back to the drawing board. I can honestly say that I could have picked the color, months ago. It may not have been the right color, but I would have made a choice. I believe that tonight we have a winner. I just hope that by daybreak, Pat will not have a new revelation, in color selection, and God knows I hope that the color is the right one, because if it isn't, guess who will be out repainting it, the month after the painters leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment