Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Being A Grandparent Is The Greatest And The Hardest Job.

When ever I get to see any of my Five grandchildren it is both fantastic and difficult at the same time. The one side of me just wants to spoil and play. The other side is the part of me that wants everything in order. With children all under the age of seven, order is seldom the word used. I have to fight the urge to be a parent, with the urge to just enjoy them. Some days I struggle and sometime I succeed and just have fun. Jayden, our first grandchild, is now seven and for most of those years he has and still does live with us. He causes the most consternation in that, I do at times have to be a parent and teach him the responsibilities of growing up. Pat, is always there to remind me that he is only seven and helps me lighten up. He is a great kid. I know what else would a grandparent say, but he really is. he is extremely polite, always, please and thank you. He will say excuse me if he inadvertently walks in front of someone. He works hard in school and he plays hard when out. Probably the thing I like best of all is how caring and loving he is. He always has a hug and kiss, followed by, " I love you". Having him with us is work at times and I will admit I loose my patience, but each and everyday I am grateful for having him here and could not imagine it any other way. I love him so much.  I will be writing about each of my grand kids and introducing them over the next few weeks. They will be part of the stories I share and hope you will do the same.  

1 comment:

  1. blogger, I am very much enjoying this. Sounds like my household. :-0

    ReplyDelete