Sunday, October 9, 2011

Sunday Mornings!!

I didn't have to work today, and it was great. What is better then waking up at 7:30, it is pouring rain and the Sunday paper is waiting. That is what I did this morning. Add to that, a nice, hot cup of coffee, my favorite chair and lastly the Sunday news shows. MSNBC has a new show titled, "Up, with Chris Hayes," that started a few weeks ago. I usually record it and watch it on Monday, but this week I got to watch it live. If you haven't seen it yet, do yourself a favor and catch it. It is very much worth it. I promise you will learn something and get drawn into the conversation at the same time.

The rain let up long enough for me to get out and do my walk. It was a beautiful fall morning, despite the rain. I always enjoy my walk and really need to get more consistent at going out for one. For an hour, plus I get lost in my thoughts, boy that is scary, and just relax.

The Steelers were on at 12:30 and televised here in Orlando, so I got to enjoy watching them, blast the Titans. Watching Steeler football is one of the things I miss, since moving to Florida. Once a Steeler fan always a Steeler fan.

This afternoon Pat and I caught one of our favorite movies, "A Few Good Men," with Tom Cruise and Jack Nicholson. Is there a better, more intense scene in movies, then the courtroom scene between these two actors, when Nicholson shouts, "You can't handle the truth!" I have seen this movie maybe twenty times and still feel the emotions.

This really was, very close to a perfect day.

No comments:

Post a Comment