Monday, October 31, 2011

Halloween and Fun Sized Candy

As I was opening the bags of candy in preparation for the trick or treaters tonight I noticed the phrase, "fun sized" on the small bars of candy. I don't know about you, but fun sized to me is not something that can be placed in my mouth all at once. To me fun sized would be a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup about the size of a large dinner plate. One that if I ate it in one sitting, I would go into sugar shock for about three weeks. What is so fun about something that just whets your appetite? The candy companies came up with this size years ago to appease the healthier lifestyle movement and have continued to convince us this is the best bag and size of candy to buy. Now my beautiful wife has me on weight watchers and it has been working. I have lost about 30 pounds and am continuing to loose, but tonight I will have to use all of my will power to avoid eating as much chocolate as I pass out. Each time I hand some little kid a hand full of "fun" sized candy, I will be dreaming of eating a Hersey Bar the size of my couch.

No comments:

Post a Comment