Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Epcot Wine and Food Festival!

It is really hard to have a better day then what I experienced this past Sunday. I had the company of my favorite person in the world, my wife Pat, the skies over Central Florida were the most brilliant shade of blue, the sun was bright and we were heading to Epcot for one of our favorite events at Disney World, the Wine and Food Festival. Eating and drinking, something I am very good at.

We started our trek at the Norway bakery, where we waited until 11:00 for the doors to open. We have been here before and you do not have to wait for the W&FF, since this is always open. They serve Viking coffee. Now I am not sure if any real Vikings drink this, but it really doesn't matter to me. They have Bailey's Irish Cream,  Coffee Liqueur and, of course, coffee, I think. All I know is this is the perfect start to the day. Pat got her coffee with Baileys. We each got berry creme horns, a pretzel pastry and an almond pastry. Delicious.

As we left the bakery, I spotted the Norwegian food booth and got a plate of their specialty. Some pickled herring, smoked salmon, shrimp in a cream, dill sauce and a beer. Man this day is going great.

We then proceeded to Germany, where we each purchased a sausage in a pretzel roll. We dipped this in the brown mustard provided and quickly devoured the entree. I only had water at this time. Remember to pace yourself when drinking.

We strolled past several booths, enjoying the sights and smells of the delicious foods. Our destination was France. Here we wanted Champagne, for Pat and a Grand Marni er Slushy for me. Fantastic.

Our last stop for this day was Ireland. Pat ate a lobster and scallop Shepard's pie and I got the cheese plate. Man this was great. Again just water. Sorry but I am not a food critic, I just know what I like, so the rich commentary from critics will have to wait for the newspaper.

We were leaving to go to our daughter, Nicole's house, for a birthday party. Our youngest grandson, Elijah, turned one on Sunday, and Grammy and PopPop, wanted to be there and help celebrate. It was the end to a perfect day.

Beautiful weather. Great food. Great Drinks. Most importantly great company. It all adds up to a wonderful day and one we will repeat, soon. The food Festival ends November 19th and I know there is plenty of other foods and drinks to try this year. Oh and if you are looking for me at the Festival, you may want to start at the bakery in Norway. The Viking coffee is always hot and delicious. See you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment