Sunday, October 30, 2011

Christmas decorations before Halloween!

I know I am old fashioned in many ways. My wife, could give you numerous examples of this, but I believe that any store that displays Christmas items before Thanksgiving, let alone, Halloween, should have it's doors shuttered in penalty. I remember the tradition of having stores ready for,"Black Friday". This is when we all started to get into the holiday spirit. Now as the Halloween candy is pared back the Christmas decorations start to appear. When the stores did it the day after Thanksgiving, it seemed somewhat magical. Now by the time Christmas comes I am ready to dig Bing Crosby's body up and beat the hell out of him. Why, I am tired of hearing so many renditions of "White Christmas". Please could we have a little bit of sanity! Wait, what's this. The Sunday, Target ads. They have Christmas lights on sale! I'm out of here. Better get there before they run out! 

No comments:

Post a Comment