Wednesday, August 28, 2013

My NCAA Football Predictions. Including Florida State.

OK. so last year I went with LSU to win it all and I did say the SEC would continue to rein. I also just made a list of my picks. This time around I am going to do the top ten and actually give you my reasoning behind those picks.

Number 10. Oklahoma.
Bob Stoops will get the Sooners moving sooner (pun intended) then later. The Big 12 is not that strong. We all know Texas will lose to Oklahoma again this year.

Number 9.  Louisville.
Teddy Bridgewater will carry the Cardinals on his shoulders but only so far. Besides who in the Big East-American-USA Conference, or what ever name they are going by, will be able to beat them?

Number 8. Notre Dame
The luck of the Irish does not get them to the National Championship game again. They are a very solid team and will get at least a BCS bowl appearance. Brian Kelly needs more time to get them back to the top game.

Number 7. Oregon
The Ducks are flying high still. The PAC 12 is stronger with Stanford, USC and UCLA, but they are still a very good team.

Number 6. Georgia
One of three SEC teams I pick for the top ten. Their offense is strong enough to win most games but their defense will let them down. Opening weekend will see them deflate Clemson's bubble in a hurry as they knock off the Tigers.

Number 5. Florida State.
Ok, so this is my favorite team, but here is my reasoning. FSU will beat Clemson and they will defend their ACC title. The bad news is that after running the table they will lose their last game at Florida (the hated Gator fans rejoice), knocking them out of any chance for the BCS championship game. FSU is an SEC school in their method of play. Side note I have Florida losing at least two games in the SEC and they are out of the top ten.

Number 4. South Carolina. As much as I despise Steve Spurrier he will get to the SEC title game. Close but no cigar for the Gamecocks.

Number 3. Stanford.
They have enough talent to win the PAC 12. Oregon will test them but the Cardinals defense will be just enough to get past the Ducks.

Number 2. Ohio State.
Urban Myers will be able to keep enough of the Buckeyes out of jail to complete another undefeated season and this year they can go to a bowl. If he fails to post enough bail the night before some Big Ten games though it could be real disappointing in Columbus.

Number 1. Alabama.
The SEC does it again. Everyone is still playing catch-up and Nick Saban still has the best non-professional team in the country. They will do it the same as other years. Very good defense. Strong running game and enough passing to keep teams honest.

There you have it. My picks for the upcoming season. There is really no reason to watch the games, since I have already told you the outcome. On second thought I think I will sit back and watch about a million games with you and hope some of my predictions are right. Let me know what yours are. Until next time, "Keep it Old School".





No comments:

Post a Comment